- The Physical Demands Of A Two-Hour Marathon : Interesting research – testing the athletes who took part in Nike‘s Breaking2 project (the bid to break the two-hour barrier).
- Egg Consumption Linked To An Increased Risk Of Diabetes : Small study, would love to see more on this. Interesting area.
- Deep Brain Stimulation Could Help Combat Heroin Addiction : And may help prevent relapse in addicts more broadly.
- Playing ‘Brain-Centric’ Video Games Before Surgery Can Speed Up Recovery, Cut Risk Of Delirium : Welcome to the wonderful world of ‘neurobics‘.
- Pfizer’s SARS-COV2 Vaccine Has Company : Despite being an early candidate (the first in the US), the Pfizer SARS-COV2 Vaccine is set to be joined by several others shortly. In fact, of the 202 vaccine candidates followed by the World Health Organization, 47 are in human trials.
We also talked about Identifying older adults with hearing loss via an electronic alert, Daily polypill reduces cardiovascular events and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.