- Using CRISPR To Make Pigs Immune To A Deadly Epidemic : In this case, PRRS (think porcine version of COVID-19).
- Melatonin Boosts Long-Term Memory (In Mice For Now, Human Trials Soon) : Promising indeed.
- New Drug Is Potentially The First Treatment For Fragile X Syndrome (A Major Genetic Cause Of Autism) : A very promising trial at the University at Buffalo.
- Development Of The First Biohybrid Artificial Retina : One step closer to prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)-derived blindness.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Shipments Begin In The US : Shipments of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (with the Moderna one likely to follow later this month) are currently being distributed in the US. Initially for healthcare workers & nursing home residents, with widespread availability shortly afterward.
We also talked about High-intensity interval training strengthens the heart (even more than moderate exercise does), Bristol gets ready for the ‘end of ICE vehicle’ – massive reduction in air pollution – changes and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.