This week on Straight to the Bar...
- Gene Therapy For Cystic Fibrosis : This research was in mice, with human clinical trials set to begin shortly.
- Gene Therapy Using ‘Zinc Fingers‘ May Help Treat Alzheimer’s Disease : The Gene therapy goodness continues – this time looking at Alzheimer’s. Fantastic.
- Delivering Vaccines Directly To The Lungs Can Boost Immune Responses (To Respiratory Infections Or Lung Cancer) : Wonderful.
- The First Targeted Therapy For Children With Achondroplasia (The Most Common Form Of Disproportionate Short Stature) : And yes, there appears to be a long-term (2 years at least) increase in height.
- Prevention Of Heart Failure After Heart Attack : Promising indeed.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, you may be re-considering the many benefits of having a home gym. To see the various items we use and recommend, swing by the SttB Strength Store. A gathering of all our favourite gear.