- Apple’s New Smartwatch Study, Seeking Early Detection Of Covid-19 – Particularly In At-Risk Groups : Say hello to the Apple Respiratory Study, which uses the Apple Watch’s optical heart sensor and self-reported weekly surveys to uncover patterns among participants who end up catching COVID-19, influenza and other viral infections.
- Israel Is Now Largely ‘Mask-Free’ : The benefits of the country’s rapid COVID-19 vaccination approach continue, with no requirement to wear masks in open areas. Wonderful.
- Physical Activity For Leisure (Not Work-Specific) Tied to Health Benefits : Interesting.
- Australia Begins COVID-19 ‘Travel Bubble’ With New Zealand : Will be interesting to see how this goes – what the vaccination requirements are, and which other countries are gradually added.
Personally, I hope it quickly becomes ‘all of them‘.
- Fantastic Demonstration of the Molli Suit : A full-body suit, replete with 58 in-built electrodes. Custom designed for use with various neurological conditions.
As an example, here’s Kevin (Parkinson’s).
We also talked about The ‘Artificial Immortality’ documentary, Possible medical applications of xenobot swarms and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, you may be re-considering the many benefits of having a home gym. To learn how to put one together (and see the specific items we recommend), swing by the full Guide.