- An AI-Powered Sock Aiming To Transform Dementia Care : It tracks the wearer’s heartrate, sweat levels, and motion; sending caregivers warnings accordingly, enabling them to intervene as required.
- A Self-Healing Slime Robot That Can Protect, Heal, And Assist In Medical Procedures : Incredible potential.
- Rugby Union Is About To Become The First Sport To Use Technology To Automatically Withdraw Players With A Suspected Brain Injury From The Field Of Play : Will start in womens’ elite games next week, and mens’ professional rugby in January. NB : it’s using smart mouthguards to measure the G-force of every head impact. Far from perfect, though it’s likely to capture most trauma instances.
- Running And SSRIs Both Ease Depression/Anxiety Equally : If both are possible, choose running (and get both the physical & mental benefits).
- Japanese Scientists Race To Create Human Eggs And Sperm In The Lab : The fertility treatment’s called IVG — In Vitro Gametogenesis.
NB : If you’re ready to embark on your own fitness journey, you may be considering the many benefits of having a home gym. To learn how to put one together (and see the specific items we recommend), swing by the full guide.