- Articles : Christian Thibaudeau hits the ground running in his new Optimized Figure Training series with 10 Ways to improve your workout, Jonty Rhodes discusses why fielding should be fun and Eric Cressey urges everyone to stop thinking and start doing.
- Videos : Grip World Records are broken by Elizabeth Horne and Martin Arildsson, Dr Lamont J Cardon performs some arthroscopic shoulder surgery and the Iron Maven takes a look at some old-school Polish weightlifting training.
- Grip : Scott Styles is in training for this year’s Michigan Grip Championship, Aneta Florczyk does a little frypan-rolling and Dunkster finds a great use for the Argos catalogue.
- Blogs : Raymond Britt delves into marathon running (and has some great shots from Boston), Danny finds some great DIY equipment over at Chasing Elite and Joshua Bird blends Crossfit- and WSB-style workouts on Interfit Online.
- Bonus : Tracy Fober looks at the benefits of video analysis. Very interesting indeed.
Over to you. Drop us a line on Twitter ( @scottbird ), or add a comment below.
NB : if you love talking about strength-training as much as I do, you might also like to check out the weekly newsletter (there's also a daily version available). A regular dose of fitness-focussed discussions, absolutely free.
Straight to the Bar is the online home of fitness enthusiast Scott Bird, and looks at the many training approaches, essential techniques, uncommon exercises and superb equipment to help you become as strong as humanly possible. In short, this site is the home of all things strength.
images of strength
Want to see (and learn) more Feats of Strength like this? Dive in.
- DIY: How to Build an Olympic Weightlifting Platform
Kat ‘The Mighty Kat‘ Ricker
- Building A Neck Of Steel
Mike ‘The Machine‘ Bruce
- Straight to the Grip Contest
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
- A Little Yoke Work : 10 Exercises for a Bigger Neck
Scott Andrew Bird
- 29 Things to do with a Barbell in the Corner
- Get Mental! The Psychology of Strength
- Small Victories
If you enjoyed these, check out the complete ‘Best Of Straight to the Bar‘ list. Fantastic.