- Articles : Jedd Johnson brings out part III of his excellent Straight to the Grip series, this time looking at the Mash Monster Certification; Laree Draper takes a fascinating look at heart health and longevity; and I briefly discuss the topic of Visualisation (or Visualization if you prefer) in the Mind series.
- Videos : Napalm’s Corner points to some classic car-turning action, I know you got soul, and David Lang does it again.
- Sites : Meet long-time powerlifter Gary Zeolla; share Randy Hauer’s passions for both Olympic weightlifting and kettlebell training at e-strength band; and head over to Kim Wood’s Athletic Strength and Power. Now that’s a gym.
- Equipment : Bands and chains vs air pressure; speed-bag work, 1930s style; and a great book find by Scott Styles – Stretch to Win.
- Bonus : (De)-Constructing Computer Guy. As a long-time computer guy myself (24 years, in fact) I can definitely attest to seeing this phenomenon many, many times. A great article by Tony Gentilcore and Jimmy Smith.
Over to you. Drop us a line on Twitter ( @scottbird ), or add a comment below.
NB : if you love talking about strength-training as much as I do, you might also like to check out the weekly newsletter (there's also a daily version available). A regular dose of fitness-focussed discussions, absolutely free.
Straight to the Bar is the online home of fitness enthusiast Scott Bird, and looks at the many training approaches, essential techniques, uncommon exercises and superb equipment to help you become as strong as humanly possible. In short, this site is the home of all things strength.
images of strength
Want to see (and learn) more Feats of Strength like this? Dive in.
- DIY: How to Build an Olympic Weightlifting Platform
Kat ‘The Mighty Kat‘ Ricker
- Building A Neck Of Steel
Mike ‘The Machine‘ Bruce
- Straight to the Grip Contest
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
- A Little Yoke Work : 10 Exercises for a Bigger Neck
Scott Andrew Bird
- 29 Things to do with a Barbell in the Corner
- Get Mental! The Psychology of Strength
- Small Victories
If you enjoyed these, check out the complete ‘Best Of Straight to the Bar‘ list. Fantastic.