- Growing Plants on The Moon : This is the beginning of a fascinating journey – the quest to grow plants (both edible & otherwise) on bodies outside the Earth. Mars next.
- Resetting Aging Cells : Both rejuvenating the cells, and providing a potential way to combat age-related diseases. Wonderful.
- Growing Human Blood Vessels In A Petri Dish : Vascular organoids, both for short-term research (think Strokes, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes etc – anything with a major vascular component) and long-term for implantation into people.
- Gene Therapy Promotes Nerve Regeneration : Gene therapy + neurosurgery can help improve both survival rate & regeneration of nerve fibres. Promising indeed.
- Repairing Spinal Cord Damage by Printing Replacement Sections : Fascinating research. The process works in rats, human trials soon.
We also talked about Epigenome editing and longevity; Increased cardiorespiratory fitness = reduced risk of heart attack and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and
Nuzzel The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.