- Exercise May Help Teens Sleep Longer, And More Efficiently : Not exactly a surprise, but it’s great to see the research.
- Inserting Custom Genes Into DNA Without Cutting It : Using CRISPR-associated transposons (aka ‘jumping genes’).
- The Metabolic Limit To Human Endurance : Very interesting research on an athlete’s ‘breaking point‘, and it’s relationship to the digestive tract’s ability to break down food.
- A Lab-Grown Patch To Repair Your Heart After a Heart Attack : Very interesting way to help repair the damage following a heart attack – using a customised stem-cell ‘patch’.
- Another Step Towards Human Limb Regeneration : Promising indeed.
We also talked about Supplements that can help reduce inflammation, Amsterdam’s plans to eliminate 10,000 on-street car parking spaces (to create more room for pedestrians, cyclists, greenery and children playing) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.