During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Early Results Of CRISPR Gene-Editing Treatment Shows Promise In First Human Trials : Remember the beta thalassemia and sickle cell trials? The first results are in, and are pretty incredible.
- The Landmark Apple Heart Study, And What It May Lead To : Wonderful potential.
- Experimental HIV Vaccine Successfully Elicits (In Rabbits) ‘Broadly Neutralizing‘ Antibodies : An effective HIV vaccine (for humans) just got a whole lot closer.
- ‘Haptic Skin’ Creates Virtual Sense Of Touch : Although designed with VR in mind, prosthetic limbs are also about to get a whole lot more feeling.
- Putting Humans Into ‘Suspended Animation’ For A Couple Of Hours : Giving surgeons a lot more time to play with; especially following major injuries such as bullet and knife wounds.
We also talked about Dr Ashley Mason’s upcoming sauna-depression study at UCSF, How continuous white noise can improve hearing and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.