- Repurposing Existing Drugs To Treat Cancer : Re-checking thousands of exisiting medications (for diabetes, inflammation, alcoholism, and arthritis) with cancers in mind. Nearly 50 found so far.
- Using Metrics From Wearable Devices To Enhance Flu Surveillance : Seeing exactly where it’s going (and dealing with it there, and nearby), in real-time.
- Reversing Age-Related Visual Decline : Mice now, humans soon.
- Lower-Fat Milk = Longer Telomeres, Slower Aging : Interesting research.
- Immune Discovery ‘May Treat All Cancer’ : Promising indeed.
We also talked about Short bouts of aerobic exercise increase working memory, Oxytocin and autism and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.