- Using UV Light to Disinfect Aeroplanes : A simple way to greatly reduce the risk of ‘catching something‘.
- Testing The Anti-Aging Qualities Of Both Acarbose And Metformin (Commonly Used To Treat Type 2 Diabetes) in Monkeys : They worked in mice, now testing primates. Promising indeed.
- Say Hello To Australian Healthcare Data Startup Prospection : Using predictive analytics and machine learning to speed up treatments for both prostate cancer and hepatitis C.
- On The Way : Personalized Cancer Vaccines : Delivering them to the ‘right’ spot.
- Anaesthetised Monkeys Wake Up Instantly When Researchers Stimulate Brain Region Linked To Consciousness : If this can be replicated in humans, there’s enormous potential. Faster & even more precise anaesthesia, coma therapies, assisted ‘hibernation‘ and so on.
We also talked about A handheld bioprinter for treating burns at the point-of-care, Six months of aerobic exercise improved brain glucose metabolism, executive function, and cardiorespiratory fitness in older adults and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.