- Weaving Health Sensors Into Clothing : Tracking vital signs via the thing they wear. Think hospitals, and gyms.
- Aging-Related Stem Cells (Both The Fibroblasts, And The Dermal Stem Cells That Maintain Them) Play Key Roles In Hair Loss : This explains the ‘thinning hair as you age‘ thing. Now for the remedy.
- Precisely Delivering Therapeutics Inside The Body Using Ultrasound : Fantastic.
- Milan’s Plans To Reduce Car Use After The Lockdown : To reduce air pollution. Would love to see many other cities introduce similarly ambitious plans.
- Potential Drug Treatments For Telomere Diseases : The possibility of telomere extension. Promising indeed, both a way to treat various diseases and as an anti-aging therapeutic.
We also talked about 3D printed soft, rubbery brain implants, Australia’s ‘COVIDSafe’ smartphone app and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.