- Disinfecting People & Places (To Greatly Reduce Risk of Bacterial & Viral Infections) : Say hello to the ‘Xenex’ robot and to Hong Kong’s ‘disinfectant chambers’.
- Antibodies From Llamas Could Help In Fight Against COVID-19 : Unusual, but promising. What’s more, it may also lead to treatments for other coronavirus-related diseases.
- France’s Post-Lockdown Push For More Cycling : Although it’s terrible to have taken a pandemic to encourage this, the changes themselves make sense. Suspect we’ll see many cities taking similar actions.
- Promising Treatments for COVID-19 Using Existing Medications : 47 of them currently. And as more is known about the virus, this pool grows larger and larger.
- Possible Personalized Therapies For Sleep Apnea : The potential for medications, in addition to the current machinery.
We also talked about Whole Foods providing free disposable masks to customers (hope to see other shops doing this), Measuring blood-oxygen levels via something like the Apple Watch and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.