- Transforming Central Parts Of London Into ‘Car Free Zones’ : As with the other urban transit changes we’ve seen, it’s terrible to have taken a pandemic to encourage them. The moves themselves, however, make sense. Hope we see many more cities taking similar actions.
- The Race To Design A Self-Sanitising Face Mask That Destroys Various Coronaviruses : Including SARS-CoV-2, of course.
- WHO’s Plan For A COVID-19 Intellectual Property Pool : Sounds great. Hope the idea of ‘countries working together toward a common goal‘ continues long after the current pandemic. Many other global challenges to tackle.
- Gene Therapy Doubled Strength and Reduced Fat (In Mice) : Interesting. Curious to see how this info is received, once the human trials begin.
- Longevity-Related Blood Plasma Breakthroughs : Rats for now, human trials soon.
We also talked about No jab, no visit (banning anti-vaxxers from Australian nursing homes), Living in the longevity ‘Blue Zones’ and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.