During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- The First Life-Saving Drug For COVID-19 : Dexamethasone : Reduces the mortality of this terrible illness. What’s more, it’s relatively low cost and already in use (for other purposes) in a number of countries.
- Nanofiber Masks Can Be Sterilized Multiple Times Without Filter Performance Deterioration : Interesting.
- Partially Reversing Aging In Mice : Making the blood ‘younger‘.
- Three People With Inherited Diseases Successfully Treated With CRISPR : Promising indeed.
- CAR T Cells Beyond Cancer: Targeting Senescence-Related Diseases : Fascinating research. And yes, aging is a disease.
We also talked about Regular coffee consumption = lower risk for arrhythmias, Cellular compartment findings = more effective chemo and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.