- Ensuring Strong Uptake Of Vaccines Against SARS-CoV-2 (High Enough Vaccination Rate To Achieve Herd Immunity) : Should vaccinations be mandatory, or simply recommended?
- Database Of Mental Health Apps – Cost, Effectiveness & Availability : Currently a little over 200.
- Making Precise Gene Edits To Mitochondrial DNA : Enabling researchers to study — and potentially treat — a range of mitochondrial diseases.
- Aging Processes Are Reversed Via Novel Cell Therapy : Slowing down (and perhaps even reversing) the onset of age-related frailty. Mice for now, human trials shortly.
- Brain Benefits of Exercise Can Be Gained with a Single Protein : The potential to share the benefits of exercise with those who are unable (or unwilling) to work out – an ‘exercise pill‘ if you like.
We also talked about Soy vs animal proteins for building aging muscles, The many plans to improve streets for ‘life after lockdown’ – more walking, running, cycling and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.