- The ‘Sputnik V’ Coronavirus Vaccine : Will be very interesting to see the take-up of this – given both the lack of transparency and the limited testing involved.
- COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma Trial (300+ Patients) : So far, so good.
- The Health & Financial Benefits of Cleaning Polluted Air : Although this is focused on the US, a similar situation exists in many countries. Cleaning up the air is far ‘cheaper’ than doing nothing at all.
- Smart Capsule for Sampling Microbiome of GI Tract : A 3D-printed ingestable device that can capture samples throughout the gut.
- Smartwatch Tracks Levels of Medication in the Body for Personalized Dosing : Fantastic.
We also talked about The rapid increase in neurology startups, Dr Bruce Ames’ ‘triage theory’ (for prevention of aging) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.