- Amazon’s ‘Halo’ Wearable : A screenless device to track sleep, body temperature, physical activity, bodyfat and tone of voice – with the option to link health data to a person’s electronic medical records.
- Foundation Medicine’s Pan-Cancer ‘Liquid Biopsy’ Receives FDA Approval : The liquid enables analysis of 311 genes to assist treatments of all solid tumor cancers.
- 3D-Printing Lifelike Heart Valve Models : Improving surgical outcomes for thousands of patients globally.
- Creation Of A Synthetic Lining For The Intestine (To Treat Digestive Diseases, And To Make Delivering Drugs Easier) : Animal studies so far, human trials soon.
- Elon Musk Demonstrates Neuralink : Incredibly promising, for a vast array of medical conditions. The full demo’s here, and yes the human trials will be starting shortly.
We also talked about Africa finally declared polio-free, The growing use of robots in hospital COVID-19 areas and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.