During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Do We Have To Age? (The Promise Of Various Anti-Ageing Treatments) : I suspect we’ll see more and more of these ‘class aging as a disease, and seek to prevent a great many age-related conditions‘ articles in the coming years. The potential implications are staggering.
- Turning The Champs-Élysées Into A Garden : I’d love to see a similar transformation of road-to-garden in many areas. Perfect for a little outdoor training.
- Revving Up The Immune System To Fight Off Viruses, Turning It Down To Treat Autoimmune Disorders : Very interesting approach.
- Accelerating SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Distribution : In the countries fortunate enough to have a vaccine available and approved, the issue of ‘accelerating the rollout‘ is cuurrently front-of-mind. Here’s just one example – the UK.
- Detecting COVID-19 Antibodies In As Little As 10 Seconds : Fantastic – it’s a great way to quantify the immune response to vaccination. And over the next few years, I suspect we’ll see this technology gradually incorporated into all manner of devices.
We also talked about Gene therapy extends lifespan in mice, Chili pepper consumption = lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.