- Do Calorie Counts On Menus Influence Customers’ Selections? : Interesting question, and it follows recent changes in both the UK and US. (Personally, I suspect it may be helpful for the people who are already aware of roughly what to eat, and how much. As for everyone else – probably not.)
- Avoiding Injury Part I: Eccentric Strength : As accidental injury is among the top causes of death in the developed world, avoiding it is rather important.
- WHO Declares Global Health Emergency Over Monkeypox Outbreak : The declaration triggers a coordinated international response and shared funding for vaccines and treatments.
- Breast Cancer Screening Could Be Done Via Blood Test In Future : A new set of protein biomarkers has been identified. Wonderful.
- The First Human Trials Of The Stentrode BCI : Here’s a brief discussion with Synchron’s founder, Tom Oxley. As for the Stentrode itself, his TED talk explained it in wonderful detail.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, you may be re-considering the many benefits of having a home gym. To learn how to put one together (and see the specific items we recommend), swing by the full Guide.