Over the past five years this site’s amassed an enormous amount of content. To help you find the highlights, I’ll be taking a wander through the archives each Sunday.
This week – Kettlebell Training.
I got my first kettlebell in June 2006, and have explored a number of weird and wonderful ways to put it to use. We’ve also seen a huge variety on Straight to the Bar, and here are a few of my favourites :
- Pistol Grip Kettlebell Toss
Love throwing the kettlebells around? Try this – the Pistol Grip Kettlebell Toss. Great fun.
- Triple Kettlebell Press
One kettlebell not enough? How about three.
- Kettlebells and Swimming
Just a few of the very creative kettlebell + swimming combinations over at The Pound. Very interesting ideas.
- Farmer’s Walk with Rolling Thunder and Kettlebells
Kettlebells are also ideal for use as resistance in exercises such as this. Just hook up and get to work.
- Kettlebells Juggling with Ivan Denisov
Finally, a spot of kettlebell juggling. Over to Ivan.
There’s actually quite a bit of info (both online and offline) available on kettlebell training methods, including :
- Books such as Enter The Kettlebell
and The Great Kettlebell Handbook.
- Articles on this site, including How to Paint a Kettlebell, DB vs KB and the Kettlebell Buyers’ Guide.
- There’s also the ever-growing list of kettlebell exercises we’ve featured over the years. Enjoy.
Wondering what to use? How about these :
- Loadable Kettlebells from Art of Strength
The equipment is pretty simple. I personally use the loadable kettlebells from Art of Strength; all of which I’d highly recommend. Beautiful things.
- Kettlebell Training Clinic
If you’re just getting started, grab a copy of the Kettlebell Training Clinic DVD. Superb.
There’s also an incredible array of articles and videos on this site. Use the search box at the top of each page, or get in touch directly.