- Preventing Long-Term Damage from TBIs : Promising treatment (mice now, human trials soon).
- Harvesting Energy From The Human Knee : Go for a run and power various health & fitness monitors.
- Germany Plans To Make Measles Vaccines Mandatory For All Children : Although it may seem a little heavy-handed, the fundamental approach makes perfect sense – particularly given the ‘herd immunity‘ value of vaccines such as this. Great to see.
- Resveratrol Could Lessen Muscle Loss : We’ve discussed Resveratrol perviously in regard to longevity (more here). Looks as though it may have another great benefit (particularly for those of us who are keen to do a little space travel) – a reduction of muscle loss in low gravity environments.
- The Neuralink Brain Implant : This is incredible – showing tremendous promise in both the near and far future. Check out the full presentation here, or the somewhat briefer Now You Know summary here.
We also talked about The first human drug developed solely by AI is a flu vaccine (currently in clinical trials), Electric vehicles could save billions in health care costs and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.