- Gilead Begins Clinical Trials Of Remdesivir (For Use With Covid-19), Results Expected Within Weeks : The New England Journal of Medicine has already published the results of a small study (61 patients). Looks promising.
- Detecting COVID-19 on Chest Scans, Using AI : Various deep learning tools are being used in hospitals to screen mild cases, triage new infections, and monitor advancing disease.
- Apple And Google Are Building Coronavirus Tracking Into iOS And Android : Strong focus on privacy, slated for release in May.
- Sweet As: The Science Of How Diet Can Change The Way Sugar Tastes : Long known, poorly understood. This research changes that.
- Fighting Infections with Rejuvenation Biotechnology (Aubrey de Grey Interview on the Science, Technology & the Future Channel) : A wonderful reason to aid rejuvenation research after the current pandemic – to increase the immune systems of the elderly, and help deal with the next outbreak.
We also talked about The link between COVID-19 and air pollution (bring on the electric future), New evidence on the health benefits of sun exposure and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.