During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Britain Becomes The First Country To License A Fully Tested COVID-19 Vaccine : Emergency authorisation granted for Pfizer/BioNTech’s BNT162b2.
- BioAge Begins Two Anti-Aging Drug Trials Next Year (2021) : Promising indeed.
- China Prepares Large-Scale Rollout Of Coronavirus Vaccines : Although only one vaccine has been approved (for emergency use) so far, there are at least five in the pipeline.
- New Data On CRISPR Treatment For Blood Diseases Suggest Cure Is Possible : Fantastic.
- DeepMind’s ‘AlphaFold 2’ Solves A 50-Year-Old Protein Folding Grand Challenge : A huge step toward understanding the causes of many diseases, and potential avenues for treatments. To understand how the system works and just what it should be capable of, check out Lex Fridman’s great summary video.
We also talked about Rejuvenating nerve cells and restoring vision (in mice, for now), Kura’s incredible leukaemia drug and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.