- A Tiny, Laser-Wielding Surgical Robot : Making endoscopic surgeries even less invasive, and a whole lot easier.
- A Tweak to Immune Cells Reverses Aging in Mice : Rejuvenates macrophage metabolism and restores cognitive function. Promising indeed.
- Smart Watches And Automatic Detection Of COVID-19 Symptoms : Apple Watches were used in this particular case, but the information used (heartrate, blood flow) is available in a number of similar products. And as more and more sensors are added, this ability gets ever more accurate and applicable to other conditions.
- New Type Of Artificial Corneal Implant That Integrates Directly Into The Eye Wall : Fantastic.
- Oisín Biotech’s Senolytic Gene Therapy May Be Just 5 Years Away : Wonderful. Really looking forward to it.
We also talked about The ‘Deep Space Food Challenge’ (NASA & CSA), The ‘This Week in Cardiology’ podcast and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.